Hyde Park City
435-563-6507 435-753-7600

Court Information

The North Logan/Hyde Park Justice Court is located at 113 East Center in Hyde Park, Utah.

Matthew D. Lorz is the presiding Judge. Court is held on Mondays, except for holidays. After a citation has been issued, a person has 14 days in which to contact the court and either take care of the citation or schedule an appearance date.  Currently all court appearances are by video.  You will be given a time and link to connect. 

You can contact the court at 435-563-6923. If a court clerk is unavailable to answer the phone, please leave a message. The Clerks are Amanda and Colette.   They can be reached at [email protected]; or [email protected].

Until further notice, court will be conducted via video on Webex. Please download Webex onto your phone or computer. Audio and video preferred but audio is mandatory. Go by the scheduled time on your court notice.

Contact the court after you receive notice to provide an email for the link to be sent to. Failure to contact the court with information will result in an Order to Show Cause. Watch the Justice Court Rights video prior to your court hearing. The Judge will ask about this.



Steps for Webex

Step 1- Make sure the court has your correct email prior to your scheduled court date.

Step 2- Email with the link to get on virtually will be sent 3-4 days prior to your court day. Please make sure you check your email frequently. Sender will say: messenger and the subject line will say: Invitation to join the Virtual Court Hearing.

Step 3- Open link by pressing the JOIN EVENT or REGISTER button from email, about 10-15 minutes prior to SCHEDULED court time (do not go by time on link sent) and register. You will need to enter your full name and email that you provided to the court, then agree to the 3 terms and conditions listed. Then you click submit, then you click join now. Please make sure you are muted until the Judge calls on you for your turn.

If there are issues or you are asked for a password, something went wrong on your end and you need to call the court so they can contact you via the phone.